Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
The Women’s World Car awards were presented at the Dubai Motor Festival earlier this year, naming the Mazda 3 winner of the Supreme Award. It beat several high-end rivals such as Audi E-Tron, Tesla Model 3 and BMW 3-Series. But wait, there’s more.
Not only did the new Mazda 3 win the title of Womens World Car of the Year, it was also voted ‘Women’s Family Car of the Year’ proving its charm two times over. Whether it was thanks to the stylish Kodo Design, smooth handling or superior safety features, there’s no doubt the Mazda 3 has a lot going for it.
What is Women’s World Car of the Year Awards?
Established in 2010, the Women’s World Car of the Year seeks to provide a female perspective on which cars are the best. In contrast to typically male-dominated awards, the Women’s World Car of the Year celebrates vehicles based on criteria that women look for in a car.
The winning cars are decided by 41 women from 34 different countries, taking into account the aspects of a car that women value. From a list of eligible cars, the judges nominate their top 10 and these results are combined to choose the winners for several categories including the Supreme Award. The other categories are: Urban Car, Family Car, Green Car, Luxury Car, Performance Car and SUV/Crossover.
Why the Mazda 3 won
What makes the Mazda 3 so alluring to a jury of 41 women across the globe? Perhaps it is the elegant Kodo design, the innovative and empowering suite of technologies or the Skyactiv engines that find the right balance between power and efficiency. Whatever it is, we think the Mazda 3 is a deserving winner. Let’s take a closer look at some of its winning characteristics.
- Impressive, eye-catching designKodo Design and the philosophy behind it is certainly one of the most charming aspects of the new Mazda 3. Based on Japanese aesthetics, ‘Kodo’ seeks to embody the moment energy becomes motion. All of the Mazda 3’s shapes and contours point to a sense of vitality and elegant movement and every element is designed to make the driver feel connected and at one with the vehicle. The driving experience itself focuses on smooth accelerating, turning and braking, so that every action in the Mazda 3 feels natural.
- Powerful but efficient Skyactiv TechnologyThe latest Skyactiv Technology is certainly a key factor in the Mazda 3’s appeal. It features the updated Skyactiv-G engine with superior performance thanks to i-stop and cylinder deactivation functions. Fuel consumption varies between grades, but is as low as 5.0 litres/100km for the Sedan and 5.1 litres/100km for the hatchback. Both manual and automatic options are available, meaning the driver can feel their most comfortable, no matter their preference of transmission. Its fuel efficiency doesn’t mean it’s lacking in oomph. Depending on the grade, you could be getting powers of up to 139 kW at 6000 rpm and torque of 252 Nm at 4000 rpm.
- Superior safety featuresIts range of superior safety features is likely one of the reasons the Mazda 3 won the category of Family Car. With Smart Brake Support and Pedestrian Recognition, the Mazda 3 gives drivers added confidence in potentially risky circumstances. Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist System are particularly valuable for highway or freeway driving, alerting drivers if they begin to drift, and steering the car back into its lane if required. With Blind Spot Monitoring and Front Cross Traffic Alert, the Mazda 3 is able to detect any vehicles the driver may not have noticed. The Mazda 3 also features Mazda Radar Cruise Control technology which will adjust the car’s speed to keep you a safe distance from the car ahead, even coming to a full stop if needed.
- Effortless driving in the cityThe new Mazda 3 is ideal for city driving and shines when handling day-to-day activities in busy areas. The range of new Vision Technologies available across all grades seeks to make city driving effortless. Four cameras on the body of the Mazda 3 combine to give drivers a 360 degree view of their surroundings, making parking safer and easier. Additionally, front parking sensors mean maneuvering into tight parking spaces can be done simply and confidently. The new technology also detects when a driver is fatigued by monitoring changes in their expression or line of vision. If this happens, the system sounds an alert and automatic braking kicks in when required.
- Connectivity and comfortWith its range of innovative and luxurious interior features, the new Mazda 3 is an ideal car for the modern driver. Throughout the interior, the design is a simple ‘less is more’ approach, with all essential functions easily accessible. Compatible phones can connect to the 8.8 inch widescreen display and important applications can be accessed via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. GT and Astina models feature a Bose sound system, while all models benefit from the Active Driving Display which projects important information onto the windscreen such as current driving speed and local speed limits. A heated steering wheel and front seating is available as well as a range of stylish upholstery options including pure white leather. A power operated glass sunroof is also an option on some models.
- Great warranty & premium roadside assistanceOwners of the new Mazda 3 get more than just an award winning vehicle. Five year unlimited kilometre warranty provides assurance and peace of mind. Additionally, owners will receive 5 years premium roadside assistance, making the Mazda 3 even more alluring.
Ready to rate the award winning Mazda 3 for yourself?
We think the Mazda 3 is truly deserving of its title of Women’s World Car of the Year, but don’t take our word for it. Come and experience the new Mazda 3 for yourself. Get in touch with the friendly team at Mandurah Mazda to book an obligation-free test drive at your earliest convenience, or come in and visit our showroom.